Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Painting The Roses

Yesterday and the day before I spent about an hour and a half first watering down the white exterior satin acrylic paint for the wicker chairs then using a HVLP (like a Wagner only from the UK) spray rig to apply said paint. So fast! The thing really delivers the paint without a ton of overspray to the item being painted. Wicker chairs have 10 thousand cranies and little nooks where any other painting method (short of dipping it!) just doesn't cover. These 4 chairs are quite old and one might just throw them away if one wasn't somewhat crazy about wicker chairs. They just needed some loving attention. I coated the arms and back with exterior white glue to help the rigidity somewhat then powerwashed them last week. I painted then Sunday and Monday. . Overnight it cured sufficiently so this morning I turned them over and painted the underside of everything. Kelly thinks they look great, I do to. We decided NOT to paint the old cobblers bench and instead clean it up, sand it lightly and apply a clear lacquer finish. The next painting project will be the front shutters, all 24 of them, again in white as that is what this house wants. I do it in Sicilian colors if it were my choice but alas, calmer ideas are at hand and she would kill me for even suggesting it. The French would have a fit! This IS The Berry afterall. Staid and non-progressive. Brown is as exciting as colors get here generally. It takes the MAYOR'S permission to change outside colors on a house.

No comments: