Saturday, June 07, 2008

Weather or Weather Not

It's NOT right now, oh the ACTUAL weather is nice, calm to 5mph, broken clouds, warm...about 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees F) BUT my weather station is down. Real down. Like I took the pole with the sensors down to find out why it was reporting 138 kph winds all night and no temperature readings at all. The pole is 40 feet tall and is a handful to take down and bring back up. I've devised a METHOD that will make it easier on me but Kelly might find it a bit daunting, we'll see. I've tied a strong rope to the mast about 20 feet up from the ground and led it over to the house were a bar that goes over the window will serve as a pulley. Kelly can pull down with the help of gravity to aid me in my quest to raise the bloody thing. I've charged the batteries and remove the corrosion from the sensor cable (RJ45 telephone cable) where it plugged into the transmitter. Similarly I've now charged the batteries for the data collection/display and we should shortly be ready to test. I want to move the transmitter piece down the pole so I can reach it so I don't have to raise and lower the damned pole each time I need to charge the @##$#! batteries. Seems sensible. Here's a few of my reporting sites for your perusal:
http://www.kell12.members.sonic.net/lignieres_weather.jpg picture of the street and sky,
http://www.kell12.members.sonic.net/myweather.jpg Weather chart w/ small pic.
___
Meanwhile my trusty mate Kelly is hanging cloth on the walls in the entry, matching patterns, measuring, snipping and shoving the ends into the wood strips I afixed to the walls yesterday and the day before. It is work she willingly does and she's quite talented at it, the results are stunning. The olde girl (the HOUSE!) is looking very good these days, work has picked up with warmer weather and progress is being made. Kelly looks good too.
___
I've dropped 16 lbs so far on this trip, I'm at a not-so-lithe 206 lbs as of this morning, hoping for more (less) as the summer begins. I refuse to diet, I just eat less and do more as the method I've chosen. Diets just don't seem to work with me as I don't respond fast enough and then lose the initiative, this way it just drifts ever lower and week by week my pants are getting looser.
Goodbye for now,
Lute
">Link My AWEKAS Reporting Site click on dot in middle of France, check out the video cams too! ...click on Weather Maps and then WEBCAM, just put cursor on top of camera icons . Good fun everywhere, lots to see!

No comments: