Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday like Monday only Tuesday

Up in the am about 7:30, seems respectable. Let my duck sleep another hour before I yelled for someone to play with. These days her neck pain has been such a constant presence that it affects everything we do. She found a local person, sounds like a kind of Chiropractor and I think..."what the hell, do it!". We'll see.
Dave and Sue are due back in the afternoon. We did well by the garden it looks like. It's still there and growing by the hour in the bright French sun. No sun today, cloudy and cool. I baked a failed loaf of bread today, I fear the yeast has reached it's age and isn't

working well. I baked a second loaf and it responded with a beautiful loaf indeed. Live and learn, I'll buy fresh yeast tomorrow.
Weeded parts of the courtyard, looks a bit better with lots more to go. Dave lent me his string trimmer which presented itself with some minor problem, I could use it about 1 minute between re-fittings of the cover of the spool. I went with Kelly to Leroy Merlin the huge hardware/garden/home improvement store in Chateauroux and couldn't find a replacement spool at all. They has the homelite brand of trimmers but no replacement spools! What a bitch. So I now use a pair of clippers and my hands to do in 20 minutes what that string trimmer does in one. Awful.
Last night I experienced yet another hallucination...this time a well eaten pillow case and sheet where the little mouse (in full 3D, was eating the cloth between the inked in images on the toile de jouy. I stared at it as it ate and ate, I reached out to tough it and it was gone...zip, flash...gone! I put my head down once again on the pillow and went to sleep.
Jesus it is soooo spooky! I fear that I won't come out of these things and am trapped in some other world experience. Not nice I'll tell you. Yes, I take my meds everyday, some 11 of them. Shit!

No comments: