Monday, May 21, 2012

Marketing In The Fine French Rain

Yes, today is Lundi, Monday, Market Day in the market village of Lignieres as has been the case for at least 700 years or so.  Long enough to know what to bring (a bag, sack, duffle or BIG hands) and what to say to obtain the Broccoli of your imagination , ie: "Mr...un Brocolli SVP", and watch as he looks blankly back with no recognition at all like I am transparent. Musta been the accent I think...so I try again standing right in front of the broccoli display and pointing at the one I want..."Merci...Un broccoli SVP". Nothing.  He looks around as though to find someone else to help this hapless idiot (me!).  I pick up the broccoli...and hand it to him, he gasps "Ah Oiu!" and smiles...I wince and shrug my shoulders. Another wonderful English-French battle just took place...The Battle of The Lignieres Market circa 2012.  I then, quite normally without any histrionics or vapid silliness manage to purchase 8 red, ripe tomatoes...from the south of course...all the same like the fine tomatoes from everywhere we get in California in December.  Perfect!


First we had driven to the vet to get Furry a looksee by the local vet for her PassPURRT. Got an appt for 2:15 this afternoon. Be there with bells on.

Then we went off to the Cafe Commerce with Liz and Nick for a Chocolate or two...Nick paid, blessings all around!  Very good too.  Scheduled a lunch with them Wednesday afternoon, she and he are excellent cooks!  We chatted about the goose testicles she just made, very delicate in flavor and beautifully sauces with a spicy sauce of her making.  We will be having hen...french hen this lunch however and not the Hen's Balls as she informed me. Too small I think.

Then after all this we journeyed towards Chateaunuef Sur Cher to the Garbage Dump so nicely ensconced in the middle of the local forest. This done to obtain it's opening times so we can take some of the junk we have on the premises there for disposal. Like the old cracked toilet and a few bags of weeds.

More photos for you too...









No comments: