Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Day in...Suisun City?

Beautiful outside weather,  66 degrees, clear skies, maybe a bit of a drizzle overnight but it wasn't much.  Up and at 'em at 7am, the KINDLE of kitties asleep at my feet and legs and Mucca at his assigned position on my chest and UNDER the cover!  That's a bit worrisome but no damage to me at all so far.  Coffee on, empty the damned slightly used grounds, pour in more H2O, hit the 2 cup button and wait.  Cup fill, go to door, let our Abigale for her morning walk through the
neighborhood.  All is well.

We went to CC last night for the 2nd time in a row after our Hiatus of the last few months since we got back from our USA trip.  Naomi was there and sang like the fine bird she is a number of blues tunes, the usual suspects were there too including Delhart the bass player who is my inspiration.  A new guy on the lead guitar who was into some other style of music...it was NOT the usual R&B or 12 beat structure...more like Metal or ???? anyway, it didn't fit though he gave it a college try.  Some nice work by the Bay Area Blues Society and the Judge on the saxophone, very cool sounds indeed!

The Ham I cooked yesterday with the Apricot/Cognac glaze was a very tasty thing, at least when it was fresh off the fire.  Took over 6 1/2 hours to cook from a near frozen (but not quite) state to 155 interior.  Had to finish it in the last 90 minutes through putting it in the oven at 375 degrees as the BBQ wasn't getting there as it should have, bad coals I guess, the regular chunked mesquite but still...where was the heat I expected?  It just didn't light properly at all.  Odd.  I carved it into 2 parts and took the biggest piece down to Mary with whom I was to share this bounty.  Hope she likes it, I put it in her mailbox as she wasn't home at the time.  Yes, Mailbox.

I vacuumed the floors downstairs too...exciting life I lead.  Looked over airfares for the trip across the water coming up and have decide to do a NON STOP even if it is a bit more expensive.  11.5 hrs is what they show, must be backing off the engine thrust to save fuel.  Used to be 10.5 hrs from SFO to CDG in Paris.  Hmmmmm.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: