Thursday, June 05, 2014

Mouse Apocolypse

Yes the total kills are up, up, up!  Thanks to my own contribution of a LIVE trap that killed one burglar mouse as he exited stage left.  The BUTTER bait worked it's buttery charm and Mr. (or Ms.) mouse fell for it...and the trap's door crushed him/her.  One less.  My small larder in the Kitchen of Doom and Diarrhea has had a small invasion of it's own going but I've put down a trail of HOT, HOT, HOT powdered red pepper to discourage them.  I reset the Live trap too with more butter, we'll see. 


I've been so infuriated about the dropped wireless connection problem I've sought internet advice, seems logical but so much of that is soooo general and these machines are NOT all the same!  Hardware, software all affects it's LOOK to various activities that they are like people, all different in some way.  I did though break a rule I've long set for myself in all matters technical or mechanical...if it isn't broken...don't fix it!  Change for change sake is not the way to go around these damned machines.   Look up what the changes are FIRST and if they don't do something to actually FIX something then don't install them!  Yes...that means ME!  Today, however I took these dropping connections issue(s?) as a "broken machine" message and went on line in search of a newer driver for the RTL8191SU USB Wireless Dongle.  I finally located the file, downloaded it and boy...it's a faster connection and more stable (so far)!  Hooray for RealTek!  Hooray for ME!  So far...

Off to Bourges this afternoon, Kelly wants to go to a certain store downtown and I want to find tile for the counter in my Kitchen of D & D. 
 

1 comment:

apadams said...

I'm so glad your posting here again! Love reading your blog. =)