Monday, January 11, 2016

The AAA News

Well I went to Kiaser Vallejo as indicated for the appointment with the AAA surgeon (Abdominal Aortal Aneurysm).  Traffic near the hospital was as awful as ever, so much so that K dropped me off near as she could get to the front lobby of the medical office building so wouldn't be late.  As it was I was in the act of sitting down in the Surgery Dept. when the nurse came out to retrieve me for the doctor!  I urged her to allow K to get there but she insisted and said they would rush her in as soon as she got there.  So in typical Kaiser visits, onto the scale, 211.2 lbs fully clothed w/shoes, then blood pressure which was high for me as I was rushing from the car to the office and up a flight of stairs just 3 minutes before.  She took it two times, both right and left sides...by the time of the last one it was 127 orver 72...boringly normal.  Then K showed up and we wandered down the halls to the exam room, where the doctor appeared to us in a very untypical 2 minutes or so!  This place is fast!
Doctor Lee was cheerful, kind and explained the entire status of my AAA situation and quickly informed us that I was not going to be operated on right away as the AAA was not bulged enough.  She stated that it was 4.5cm and they would not consider operating until it was 5.5cm.  OK, so what does that mean for our trip to France?  They will recheck all of the size business when we return in late August.  Fantastic!  Such relief I haven't felt of anything in a long, long time!  I was expecting far worse news than this. We were excused and left with much joy.  Then I offered K to go to her 2nd hand store and I would wait watching the birds over the estuary.  Then home for left over pasta w/pork ragu for lunch.

No comments: