Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well Win 7 Is Still Running

Actually it's boring, no hangs, no delays, nothing shocking as far as system stability goes, it just runs. It's been a few days now, I'm annoyed by the transparent gooble-d-gook a lot, I know you can turn it off or vary the degree of transparency but I wanted to try this install with the factory defaults and so far...
it all works for me except the transparent windows layers bullshit. It's there for a reason but I cannot fathom what the reason is. If I wanted to actually SEE the semit-transparent hidden background I'd close this window, instead I see a blurred reminder that there is something under what I'm actually looking at. Huh? Why? I will eventually turn the feature off if I'm allowed. What I plan to do is take you on a tour of it feature by feature, of course you don't have the thing actually installed but that's the point, maybe I can save you the bother!
___
I've discussed the openning screen, the sign on thingie and the rays of light fbeaming down to a Japanese Fighting Fish in mid screen. Excited? Hmmmm, something wrong there. So you click on the funny round thing with the Windows Banner inside...the un-named Start Button. Oh it's ok, a little bubble will show the name when you place the cursor over it. Click on it and a large dialog box appears with
the following listed:
Getting Started
Windows Media Center
Sticky Notes
Snipping Tool
Calculator
Paint
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Writer (Here because I set it up allong the way somehow, don't ask!)
All Programs
___
That's it, not fancy, not all inclusive, sorta a huh moment while you try to figure out what you are going to do with this thing.
I'll take you thru each one as I experience them.
Getting Started...seems like a place to start don't you think? I did, so I clicked it...
l'viola! A dialog box appears

No comments: