Monday, January 19, 2009

What Else is New? Win 7 and The Little House of Horrors

Win 7 is well on it's way as the longest continuously running Beta version of any OS I've ever loaded on any computer. Day in and day out it sends and recieves email messages, pages from the Inet, plays my iTunes library and allows me to watch my Netflix movies w/o a lot of fuss. Few irritations excepting that damned transparency thing I don't like no matter what version of Windows I'm running. I've turned off all the special effects and am now running in Performance mode only...it seems just a smidgeon quicker at opening screens and programs load a bit quicker but it's certainly NOT dramatic so keep it at the defaults if you like and let the programs decide what they want to activate for your eyes only (should be a movie title don't you think?)
___
The little house of horrors repaint and repair project is nearing the final stages and today I go with daughter dearest A to her apartment in Sacramento to pick up 6 excessively large and cumbersome bookcases and haul them back to install in some room of the house before the move in date. When is that you might ask? Hell if I know, when the final coat of paint is placed on the final surface. We have painted two coats on everything and three on some walls and trim of Behrs finest Acyrlic Latex in gloss white and a Kilz color called Moonshine ( Meringue Peaks!!!!) or some such. It all looks deliciously pretty after the wholesale blotch job done by the previous renters. It was supposed to be a faux paint job, you know the stuff...and was carried off to the shame of this cute little house with a very heavy hand. Painted indeed over the doors with flats too! Awful!
__
Well off we go

No comments: