Tuesday, August 17, 2010

67

Sixty-Seven, Hmmm...not a bad age as ages go. 2 years into Social Security for most of our fine older citizens and 5 for me as I chose to take my lower amount earlier. Why? Well darlings 'cause I thought I'd be long gone by now and wanted SOME of my money back anyhow. If I had the bucks I'd pay it all back and refile now instead, get more that way. Yes you CAN do that, it's rare but it can be done, look it up.
___

Yesterday morning I went out the front door to water the north side and lo and behold! A PALM TREE NOTICE was hung quite prominently on our door handle. Yes, a genuine PALM TREE NOTICE. It stated in sucinct terms that our very fine, 45 foot tall California Fan Palm, Washingtonia filifera, was without doubt about to take out half the electrical service in Suisun City and needed to be gone ASAP at no expense to ourselves! Jezzz a B-Day PRESENT from PG&E (our power company)! Fantastic! Just last week we had gotten an estimate from a Tree Surgeon to take the tree down. He said it's be $2500! Well that's 300 dollars less than the estimate we got 16 years ago, whoopee! So we called the phone number given and about 2 minutes later the nice PG&E Palm Tree Terminator arrived. We looked over the Tree-Of-Doom, determined that yes, indeed...it certainly WOULD take out anything it fell on and soon a paper was properly signed and sealed. "Two to three weeks" was the answer to "When will this take place?", Wow! I've waited 16 years for this I can certainly wait another two to three weeks! Happy B-Day to me!

____

So Big B-Day dinner today, daughter dearest Aud will attend I hope...the menu, all cooked by yours truely you understand is as follows:
Caprese (fresh tomato, mozzerella, basil...simple and delicious)
Eggplant Parmesan (fried eggplant rounds with sugo)
Coq Au Vin Bay Wolf Style (braised thighs and legs of chicken in red wine w/onions and mushrooms)
Vegetables (carrots, potatoes)
Chocolate Cake
Burp!
Yes sir! 67 years and going strong! Very cool indeed!

No comments: