Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lazy Day Indeed!

Warm sunshine beamed through my window at 7am sharp, the beginning of another wonderful French day. Up, dressed, brush teeth while looking out at the courtyard jungle. Last nights Mexican feast was a dream, we LOVE Mexican food and chicken tacos were the entree of choice. Our guests Dave and Sue are always easy to be with, warm and friendly conversationalists. We ate and chatted away finishing the night about 11 pm with a Glenfiddich scotch, fine and old, smooth as glass with a wee dram of H2o in it, "branch water" from the branch of the copper water lines that run through the adjacent wall.
No hangover, I minded myself, I have brakes, some Lutes don't.

So this morning cleaned up from last night, Kelly got the dishwasher running right away, we had our coffee and decided to forego todays brocantes in favor of cleaning up and doing stuff around 35. Kelly made this wonderful soup that now fills the house with lovely earthy smells from the leftover tomatoes, black beans, chicken, radish and black cabbage and onions of last nights meal...adding but my super chicken stock and seasoning. Tonight's dinner no doubt...and delicious!

I miss my family at Chris's Club, Monday nights there are precious, just precious. I sent many of the group a batch of photos of the area around Lignieres yesterday. I can't wait to get back to the scene but it will be a while, in September we'll rejoin our raucous krew.

I puttered around, cleaning my cooktop and trying to fix the reticent right front burner, it is stuck in OFF and refuses to budge, pliers did no good at all. It's supposed to go up and down and turn counterclockwise but does neither. What a pain, I USE this cooktop and one down is a real problem.

The outside to pull weeds reposition the garbage recycling cans into the bush where they hide quite nicely. Watered the plants that deserve it in the French sunshine, sat a drank a beer. Now to make a loaf of bread for dinner that is better than yesterday's debacle. Flat and deflated I must have opened the oven door at the critical time. Not good for the bread. Gotta leave it alone for the first 20 minutes or else...trouble can ensue.
Gotta go check...bye for now!

No comments: