Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cheap #@@#$$#@ Imports!

I don't know which fine company where made it but the bastards did a fine job...burned up the plug of my plugged in Refrigerator and blew out the electricity in 1/2 this bloody house! Now since this house was wired in the dark ages sometime not all of it's little wiring secrets have been revealed to me...er...US. What goes where and how it gets there is anyone's guess. I pulled the curtain back to reveal the electrical workings of 1926 or so and with my rudimentary knowledge of said circuitry clicked off the main circuit breaker, this at 5:30 this morning. Then I went back to bed. Up at 7:30 I got to work trying to sort this thing out with diarrhea chasing me into the water closet every 5 minutes! The shits I tell you, the shits! I pulled each of the three phase fuses and examined them for breakage...nope! The other line fuses in the wiring nearby were likewise whole and wonderful. So I pried apart the refirs plug to find carbonization and destruction as though an acetylene torch had been used on it! Kelly and I visually traced every wire we could find in the house looking for more of those obscene in-line fuses to no avail. They may be there but they are hidden somehow from easy view. Armed with a ladder, common screw driver and Kelly with a flashlight we went about or newest fun activity and came up dry time and time again. Then, a thought, maybe an electrician would understand this layout in copper spaghetti having seen it a thousand times, so off to the yellow pages of Lignieres to find one each electrician. 2, there are 2 in Lignieres. Could they do any better than I could at finding the fault and repairing it? Hmmmm. So off to the barn for a long extension cord (one with a better standard of construction I hope!) and up to the attic to obtain an wall plug from a short extension cord donor. That done I trailed the extension into the larder and set to cut off the fried plug and install the new one. I also plugged in the freezer which also fell victim to this outage. That done, plugged in the reefer and heard the compressor kick into action and the door light works too! Yippee!
Then I ran a second 50 footer to the computer room up the curly-queue stairs and rearranged the plugs so that that was now a running operation once more and here I am! Best electrician at 35 Rue Marechal Joffre...currently.

No comments: