Monday, June 13, 2011

Donkey Day 2011!

Yes, today was the famous Donkey Faire in Lignieres. Many, many beautiful animals, just as many people...more people. It began in earnest last night with the arrival of the first of several hundred fine Donkey's, the subject of today's extravaganza. They hee-haw'd all night long, their songs woke me about 3am and again about 5:30. I listened for a while and finally fell asleep to awake with the sounds of yelling and traffic under our shaddow. There they were, trucks, vans, trailers all loaded up with donkey's of many description. Off to the Champ du Foire they were to set up shop. About 7:30 I took a short movie of the proceedings but I cannot upload the thing to Youtube to save my soul! I have tried everything to no avail. Aparently I'm not the only person to suffer this insult as the forums all have many entrries about this kind of problem. Nonetheless, nothing I found therein has helped the situation. I have wonderful stuff and lots of coverage of the Liz spinning wool and donkeys braying but...they are not on youtube as of this moment. I will be doing more research.

1 comment:

Lyndsey and Mike said...

Why can't you upload to Youtube? This important cultural event needs to be preserved for future generations! Could there be some kind of censorship? What is the title of the film? How on earth could 'Donkey Fair' be misconstrued as anything other than an innocent pass time of country folk?