Monday, May 28, 2012

The Day Of The Donkey!

Donkey Day has arrived!  Up at 5:30AM as Furry-The-Queen sounded as though she was crying like a baby...and she kept this up for 15 minutes!  When I located hUrr Majesty she was folded over try to lay out a furball but having no luck with same purge she just cried.  My god what a sound from a tiny 5 lb cat.  I eventually picked the struggling beast up and took her into the bathroom and set her down on a rug and held her there while I coo'd at her.  She was having NONE of this and tried running away, I stopped hUrr by the scruff of her neck and kept her there for about 2 seconds when she turned and took a swipe at me with her swords and I let go!  Off she went down the stairs lickedy split and I followed her bleeding from my wounds.  Once found she laid across the bottom step and heaved up and down for several minutes feigning death throws surely.  Then she seemed to recover, got up went to her food bowl upstairs with a lively jaunt and began eating hUrr kibble ce' normale! 
__








---
Outside now with cat safe in her Throne in the Comp Rm, I inspected the car once again and planned what was next.  Had to wash the carpets and dry them on the line.  Done with that, the familiar braying of live donkeys raising a ruckus filled the air on the street in fromt of 35.  I wandered out and watched a a small parade of jackasses of the 4 legged type jaunted by without leashes, bridles or anything at all head through the quickly constructed blocking (traffic - not donkeys) fence towards the Champ du Foire.  Huh!  Then more in the usual horse trailers by 2's and threes.  Some braying others silent in donkey contemplation.  We'll go over to witness the confusion and donkey contests, just not yet. Back to the car and what do I hear...an auto at our gate! Liz and Nick have arrived to claim their spot in our courtyard as parking near the Champ du Foire is impossible.  Parked they got out and Liz began gathering her wool and spinning wheel et al. and Nick and I picked up the remaining items and off we went`to set her up by the Information tent of the local Touriste Board.

No comments: