Friday, May 02, 2008

Brrrrr still...

Blog Entry 04-15-08 A Tuesday without what you suspect...
Today was soooo cold, a high of 10 here...50 degrees and the promise tomorrow of more of the same, only colder, down to ZERO! That's 32 for all you Californians and this is APRIL! At least there isn't snow! Shit! The house project was put on hold as we sought refuge in the Toyota to keep us warm for the day, yes diesel is expensive but comfort is comfort and we needed a dose of it to keep our spirits up. So off we went to Leroy Merlin in Chateauroux to get wood for the wall clothing project and new aluminum tubes for the curtains in the dining room, they needed to be stiffer and in one piece. Leroy has LOTS of Quincallerie (hardware) and I found the bits (good English term) I need to repair and create the new rods. Off then to other stores to fulfill our needs for the rest of the afternoon, at least we were warm.
Back to Rue Ruin Americaine I undertook the job of replacing the existing computer with the one I brought from the US. Far more modern and capable of video it will do us for the next year or so. I am a computer conservative...I'm at least one generation behind the current and sometimes more...I am holding on the Windows XP as well in deference to Windows Vista until I hear something good about it and it's been almost 2 years since it was released. Where's Google when you need them?
Tomorrow the curtains will be made and installed in the Parlor with any luck at all. I bought the material needed to hang the curtain rod holders so all I need to do is fabricate the holders. A simple job, surely!

No comments: