Friday, May 02, 2008

Guilt

Blog Entry 04-16-08 A Wednesday w/o you know what...
Today I tackled the wall fittings for the curtains all 10 feet of them. Drill holes, then bigger ones follow, then install the retainers that hold the bronze curtain fittings, quite a job but done after about three hours. I hung the rods too after drilling them for the end fittings. Ladder going back and forth and me climbing up and down got the job done. Kelly worked to seam the curtains, cut and cuss at her chilly sitting job. She worked for hours to get the curtains ready for hanging. I lounged in the sun part of the time. Guilt.
The day was clear and sunny, cold but endurable. I worked at my kitchen cleaning things up and prepping for dinner. The kats wandered in and out watching carefully for the feral kat gang that has invaded the courtyard and displaced them. None found they still dove into the open door of the laundry room when the slightest breeze made any sound. Cowards.
So Kats and Duck and I sit and watch TV Francaise...”Nouvelle Star” chock full of “Stars” who aren't ...YET! But TALENT seems somewhat missing in this group. Tired Franck Sinatra covers and hip rock-like ballads just can't do much for this group in my mind. Yet I watch...hoping someone INTERESTING will appear with real TALENT instead of ego-centric posturing in each and every one contestant. Oh well.

No comments: